Kanava Hotels & Resorts is seeking to hire
for our properties in Santorini & Paros:
Kanava Hotels & Resorts, owns, manages, and operates a unique collection of luxury hotels & villas, members of The Luxury Collection & Design Hotels of Marriott International, located in prime destinations around Greece, namely in Santorini, Paros & Peloponnese.
For over 30 years and through a team that exceeds 300 associates, we have created unique hospitality experiences delivered through our hallmark personalized services, with an attention to detail our customers deserve and appreciate.
At Kanava Hotels & Resorts we aim to redefine destinations as the leading luxury hospitality brand of Greece, led by the most caring and positive associates.
About the role:
The Head Waiter/tress ensures that allguestsare served according to Kanava Hotels & Resorts Service Standards in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Highest standards ofhospitalityand welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
Takes orders for, serves (when applicable, prepares) food and beverages for guests in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrating a pleasant and positive professional image at all times to both guests and the rest of the team
- Greeting guests and presenting them with the menu
- Receiving orders and serving guests in a personalized way and with attention to detail
- Maintaining a clean and neat workplace
- Ensuring that all guest needs are met, asking for feedback, aiming to the highest guest satisfaction
- Being responsible for billing, by making the right transactions (room/credit card/cash charges) and handling cash or credit cards accordingly
- Showing excellent knowledge and understanding of all restaurant menus, promotions, and special offers
- Upselling food, beverages, and drinks
Skills & expertise:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Head Waiter/ress in a 5-star Hotel or a high-end service restaurant
- Degree in Hospitality / Tourism will be considered as an asset
- Knowledge of Wines and experience in Wine Tasting will be a plus
- Excellent command of both Greek and English language (oral and written). Additional languages will be considered as an asset
- Experienced in computer (preferably knowledgeable of MICROS and POS handling)
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of services
- Negotiation and excellent communication skills
- Pleasant personality, client oriented
- Competitive remuneration package & benefits
- Ongoing training
- Career prospects on a transparent & collaborative working environment
- Great Opportunities for career development within the company or other hotel members of Marriott International.
At Kanava we are proud to foster Equal Employment Opportunities regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
You provide the talent as we flourish the skills to unleash your full career potential.
Join our path of excellence!
Lets meet in our Hybrid career event on 13 & 14 December 2022